- POSITION SUMMARY
- Responsible for quality execution of propane delivery operations activities by leading drivers and service techs in the execution of HOTP safety, preventive maintenance, installation/start up, rework and troubleshooting activity associated with propane assets. Responsible for the timely execution, quality service and delivery of financial results from a cost perspective in line with customer expectations for the population of propane systems installed. Another primary function is to serve as a mentor for the drivers and service techs assigned and ensure steady progression of each in regard to safe work practices, technical accuracy and continued improvement in the reliability of propane operations by proper execution of HOTP, RRC, DOT and Department of Agriculture regulations, policies and procedures. Assigned employees will typically range from 3 to 8 with wide ranging levels of experience. Good customer management and communication skills are required. Success in this position will be represented by an exceptional safety record for the assigned volume of drivers and service techs, large percentage of satisfied customers, low employee turnover rates and successfully maintaining mechanical as well as financial (cost) performance of the assigned fleet. Distribution of time for this position is expected to be 80% in the field.
- DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not in any particular order)
- Directly supervises the local site employees within the retail branch.
- Communicates (teaches, trains, explains), complies, and promotes HOTP EHS policies.
- Teaches, promotes, and executes HOTP maintenance policies and procedures in the field
- Responsible for estimates, the installation, start up and maintenance of propane systems.
- Responsible for successfully resolving technical problems with individual tanks/systems usually reported by customers in a timely and technically accurate manner.
- Keep track of inventory and order parts as needed.
- Supervises the activity of 3-8 mobile drivers and service techs.
- Collects as much data as possible from the customer and driver/service tech to make the best driver/service tech choice to dispatch to problem’s job site.
- Assists with scheduling of driver/service tech assignments for planned maintenance activities.
- Determines priority for dispatching drivers/service techs to customer callouts and communicates with Operations Manager as necessary.
- Accountable for the execution of scheduled preventive maintenance activities in accordance with the RRC compliance schedule.
- Accountable for the quality of workmanship of drivers/service techs for all delivery and service activities
- Ensures that drivers/service techs communicate with manager on getting their jobs logged in the Route/Logbooks.
- Manage the cost of start-ups, maintenance, and repairs of fleet assets.
- Provides technical assistance to customers.
- Meets with customers to understand their propane system needs.
- Responsible for the development of drivers/service techs.
- Responsible for training of drivers/service techs on all fleet improvements.
- Responsible for the current mechanical condition of the assigned fleet units.
- Position is required to review weekly cost reports (hours/job, total trips/job, materials cost/job, hours/driver and/or service tech, overtime hours/driver and/or service tech, etc.) associated with each commercial or residential job and cost associated with each assigned technician to ensure necessity of the expenditure and ensure budget goals are met. Also, this process is performed to ensure maintenance dollars are spent appropriately.
- Responsible for reviewing the weekly time clock for each employee and approving their time by Monday morning.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving employee absence requests, scheduling so no task is left without being covered.
- Resolve employee conflicts as well as initiate and document disciplinary actions, with assistance from the Human Resources Department.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain good customer relations.
- Must be able and willing to work alone, work overtime, schedule work as needed, and be on-call.
- Required to complete Company service reports and other routine service paperwork as directed in a timely manner.
- Must understand and comply with all regulatory and company safety rules and policies.
- Ensure that correct levels of approval are sought prior to committing the Company to expenditures.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level while maintaining commitment to customer service and professional working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor(s) within the physical constraints of the job.
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and react to the needs of the Company and Customer as required.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to lead and train individuals one on one or in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of planning daily, weekly, and monthly activities of self and team members to meet delivery/service requirements and customer commitments.
- Must be a change agent as well as process minded and supportive of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Must be a champion for safety and practice flawless execution of HOTP safe work policies and procedures.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills are essential in order to balance customer needs with HOTP cost performance goals.
- Must possess leadership skills
- Must have solid troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to work unusual hours and overtime including nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Must have a thorough understanding of propane delivery and service applications.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Must be able to pass all testing required of the position.
- Must be able to pass all DOT drug and alcohol related testing.
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be dependable, self-directed and a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and share knowledge with other less qualified drivers/service techs
- Highly proficient in the operation of a bobtail and servicing propane systems.
- Must be willing to listen to instructions and relay technical and work instructions to team.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must have problem solving skills sufficient to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Must have customer service skills to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Thorough understanding of reference materials with ability to relay information to team members.
- Advanced ability to learn and retain information related to propane delivery systems.
- Must have advanced troubleshooting skills that seldom require assistance.
- Should be able to diagnose general propane delivery system problems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to be able and to maintain an acceptable driving record in line with Company requirements.
- Must have professional appearance and good people skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and ability to be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Thorough knowledge of most equipment of HOTP assets.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, etc.)
- Minimum five (5) years as RRC LPG certified with propane experience, or other related industry experience with accredited applicable training.
- Possess thorough knowledge of propane systems and bobtail operations.
- Ability to work with team in developing improved work processes for the department.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Typically supervises 3 to 8 employees in assigned retail store.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviews, hiring, and training employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
$70,000 - $80,000
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- RRC LPG Certification
Heart Of Texas Propane
Job Categories: Management
Posted on: July 26, 2022
Last updated: July 26, 2022
Last updated: July 26, 2022