Propane Service Technician
Anderson Propane is seeking a new employee at our Fredericksburg warehouse location. We are interested in hiring a Full-time Service Technician. We are looking for team players with strong customer service, organizational and industry specific skills that have abilities to multitask and perform in a busy, fast-paced diversified environment. The applying individuals should be personable, self-motivated, have an outgoing attitude and desire to work with the public. We offer an excellent opportunity in a pleasant working environment with company benefits. We understand the commitment of our service members who serve in the National Guard and Reserves. Anderson Propane has committed to working with our military employees and will provide them with the respect they deserve. Anderson Propane is a growing and thriving company and we would like you to grow with us. Military Codes: 49-9031.00 47-5013.00 47-2152.00 47-3015.00 How to Apply Please read the below position description to ensure that you have the qualifications needed. Then, complete our application and supply your DMV record on our Careers page at andersonpropane.com/careers/. Once you have completed the application and the MVR Consent Form or provided your DMV record, please email, your application to the following: Email – email@example.com Service Technician Job Description
- Performs installations, repair and maintenance of LP gas systems, appliances, tanks and equipment for Anderson Propane Service, Inc. (APS) facilities and customer sites in the Fredericksburg and Richmond region.
- Represents APS in a professional manner to customers.
- Assists with various warehouse and facility operations.
- Strictly adhere to government regulations and Anderson Propane’s operating procedures while working independently and in a team environment to offer the best possible customer experience.
- Provide hands-on explanations and technical guidance of any new or updated products/services to our customers.
- Must be organized as the day may consist of varied tasks, installations, training and much more.
- Prepare records, logs, and other related documents to administration in an accurate and neat manner.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date files on manuals, service bulletins, and parts inventory.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by keeping tools, equipment, and supplies in proper places.
- Perform work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers and property, co-workers, equipment, and inventory. Technician should utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Must operate equipment and vehicles according to Anderson Propane’s policy and government regulations including OSHA regulations, Anderson Propane Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, and other work rules and policies.
- Service Technicians and all employees are required to use PPE equipment (masks) and practice safe sanitary practices during the current Covid-19 pandemic per the regulations as adopted by the state of Virginia.
- Must be familiar with and able to use mobile devices including phones, GPS equipment, tablets, and printers to access documents and information quickly as well as communicate with staff via phone or electronic mail and messaging.
- Work with customers to determine the scope of service needed, recommend the right product or direction to solve the customer’s problem.
- Monitor industry products and participate in specialized training/certification courses to understand customer needs.
- Effectively operate and maintain Anderson Propane Service motor vehicles in compliance with government regulations and our company’s motor vehicle safety policy. *This position requires a valid Virginia Driver’s License. You will be required to complete our company Motor Vehicle Report Consent Form or provide a copy of your Motor Vehicle Record prior to the interview process. All service technician’s driving records are monitored regularly to maintain standards of Anderson Propane’s driver policy.*
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent required.
- Requires two (2) or more years of experience with installation and repair of propane based heating systems, equipment and appliances.
- Requires two (2) or more years of experience driving with valid Virginia driver’s license. Current Motor Vehicle Report detailing driving record within company standards.
- General knowledge of tools and home construction recommended.
- Effective knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and/or pipe fitting repair and maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to calmly and effectively work with time constraints and deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate teamwork and flexibility to meet customer and business needs.
- Calibrate equipment to proper settings. Effectively utilize mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other specialized skills and the appropriate tools as determined by the job.
- Read and effectively interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints, manuals, engineering specifications, diagrams, meters, gauges, and control panels to perform installations and repair equipment.
- Gather and analyze information to diagnose malfunctions and troubleshoot systems.
- Depending upon job specifications, a service technician may load and deliver supplies of propane according to standard operating procedures. Handle and lift canisters into truck and/or utilize load hose, meters, gauges, and terminal controls for bulk fuel loading (top load and bottom load). Obtain distribution of fuel from Anderson’s plant facility.
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle
- Working outdoors at a customer site where one may not be protected from weather conditions
- In a warehouse environment subject to seasonal temperatures and humidity
- Heating oil, kerosene, diesel, gasoline, butane, and/or liquid propane, and related odors and fumes
- Moving mechanical parts and vehicles
- Noise levels where hearing protection is optional per PPE Plan
- Dust, wet surfaces, vibrations, and electrical current
- Continuously bend, crouch, stoop
- Drive motorized equipment
- Finger and handle controls, tools, and equipment
- Reach with arms and hands for extended periods while driving and operating equipment
- Stand and walk for extended periods on uneven surfaces
- Utilize hands in repetitive motion
- Utilize eye/hand/foot coordination
- Twist back and neck
- Frequently balance, kneel, stack, sweep or climb steps throughout the shift
- Pull, push, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally, pull, push, lift, and carry 80-100 pounds with assistance
- Depending upon location, may pull or push propane tanks (170+ pounds) utilizing handcart and move large equipment for installation
- Hear vehicle/equipment sounds, co-workers, and radio.
- Speak to co-workers and customers regarding operations and safety
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
$40,000 - $50,000
Anderson Propane Service, Inc.
As a family-owned and operated company, we remain dedicated to going above and beyond for our customers, serving them with integrity and a smile. For decades, families and businesses have counted on the reliability and honesty of Anderson Propane to be their trusted source for home heating, commercial needs, and farm use. We pride ourselves on our certified technicians installing only the best products in the safest manner possible. Learn more about our business and what we offer on our website!View All Positions by
Anderson Propane Service, Inc.
Job Tags: Service Technician
Last updated: May 12, 2022