Position: Liquid Propane Installer Location: Ithaca, NY Reports to: Service Coordinator Status: Full time, hourly non-exempt ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – include and are not limited to:
- Must possess a valid CDL driver’s license with tank and HazMat endorsements.
- Deliver, set and install propane tanks and gas lines.
- Conduct system tests and purge cylinders and tanks.
- Repair and maintain company equipment and perform final inspections consistent with Company standards.
- Ability to estimate jobs and obtain required permits (where applicable) as well as maintain related documentation.
- Ensure that Company and Government safety, policy and regulatory standards are met and maintain zero preventable accidents 100% of the time.
- Maintain safety and compliance records 100% of the time.
- Must be able to successful complete a pre-functional evaluation and pre-employment drug screen.
- Be capable of maneuvering equipment and materials in excess of 4,000 pounds with use of proper mechanical devices and/or additional man power.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair gas fired equipment, appliances and distribution systems.
- Maintain and repair company equipment such as pumps, regulators and vaporizers.
- Maintain, set and repair tanks and cylinders install outside and inside lines, conduct system tests and perform system inspections.
- Maintain and purge propane cylinders and tanks, fill storage containers and perform system repairs.
- Maintain service vehicle by reviewing maintenance record, perform pre and post-trip inspections. Secure truck and equipment consistent with security policy.
- Operate service vehicle in accordance with Company and government regulations.
- Collaborate and work with dispatcher to confirm daily schedule/route, and to ensure that adequate fuel and supplies are on hand. Following all dispatch policies, plans and procedures.
- Deliver fuel as required and meet established performance standards.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to convey information to new and existing customers.
- Collect payment from customers as necessary.
- Maintain a professional image and superior customer satisfaction.
- Comply with company dress code 100% of the time.
- Maintain confidentiality 100% in regards to customer and company information.
- Participate in any required job training and/or certifications and safety meetings.
- Report to work with minimal absenteeism or tardiness.
- Perform other job related duties.
- CTEP qualifications-if not currently certified will need to obtain within 1 year of employment and maintain these certifications.
- Possess the ability to work a flexible schedule with after-hours, emergency call-outs and weekend rotations.
- 3-5 years of prior, related, experience preferred.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent training and experience.
$40,000 - $50,000
- Binghamton, New York
FAMILY-OWNED AND OPERATED ENERGY PRODUCT PROVIDER Since 1927, Mirabito has been family owned and operated. Mirabito provides energy products for families and businesses throughout upstate New York, Western Massachusetts, and Connecticut. Mirabito Energy Products offers a variety of products including heating oil, propane, natural gas, coal, gasoline, diesel fuels, and kerosene. In addition to being an energy provider, Mirabito owns and operates 108 convenience stores throughout Central New York, making Mirabito a convenient stop for customers and one of the largest convenience store chains in Central New York. At Mirabito, we are proud of our history and of all our Mirabito family of companies. Our customers are the most important element to our success and we strive to understand and meet their needs. If we can be of service to you, whether it’s for energy products or gas and groceries on the way home, we’re there to help. We also offer a complete line of home heating equipment, installation, and service.
Last updated: 2022-05-19 18:58:16