Propane Delivery Driver
Position Description: Delivery Driver/Representative is a key point of contact for our customers and engages in daily interaction providing exceptional customer service seeking high levels of customer satisfaction and answering inquiries. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for driving a Company Bobtail delivery truck and making propane deliveries to our agricultural, commercial, and residential customers in an efficient, punctual and safe manner. You must have a good work ethic with professional communications skills, have a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity, and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. The Delivery Driver/Representative will be required to do the following:
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with Federal, state, and local codes and regulations as well as company procedures
- Requires shared responsibility, on a rotating basis, with other company staff as the primary contact for 24 hr. customer emergency calls
- Make routing decisions based on customer usage and computer modeling
- Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane to and from specified destinations and customers
- Provide the CSR with billing and fuel transfer documentation for customer billing records and is responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly propane inventory and bobtail usage reports
- Will deliver propane safely while wearing and using personal protective equipment, performs safety inspections and pressure test of customer facilities and advises the Service Manager of any issues that would prevent them from providing service to the customer
- Is responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of the propane delivery truck (bobtail) in accordance with established procedures and keeping vehicles/delivery trucks washed and clean inside and out.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Complete daily maintenance report and notify supervisor of any needed repairs.
- Is willing to drive and work outdoors in various weather conditions
- May be required to assist the Service Technician in setting new or changing out existing propane facilities. In the absence of the Service Technician the Delivery Driver/Representative may be required to perform the duties of the Service Technician for which they have be trained.
- Inspects, paints, repairs and loads tanks and cylinders, as well as maintains the appearance of our displays and signs
- Will provide the Service Manager the necessary information of propane inventory so that bulk delivery decision can be made in a timely manner.
- May be required to perform sales duties by contacting potential customers and preparing job estimate proposals.
- Performs stated duties and other duties as assigned or needed
- Work additional hours and occasional Saturdays to meet business needs, including but not limited to yard and plant maintenance, and dock work, including but not limited to evenings and weekends as needed.
- Hazmat and tanker endorsements are preferred; Hazmat and tanker endorsements will be required to perform the job and if not held already, must be obtained soon after hire and prior to driving a CoEnergy Propane Bobtail delivery service vehicle
- Requirement to obtain a Master Fitters license from the State Fire Marshal
- Is willing and able to engage in vigorous activity on the job
- Possesses a drive, determination, professionalism, and the desire to be a significant factor in growing our business.
- Meets all DOT requirements
- Maintains professional appearance in accordance to CoEnergy Propane’s policies and guidelines
- Other Duties as assigned and/or requested by management
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 21 years old with a valid Commercial Driver's License
- Must have an excellent driving record and prior experience as a driver
- Prior experience as a driver in the fuel delivery or hazardous material handling field preferred
- Through work experience demonstrate mechanical ability
- Office computer knowledge preferred
- Ability to lift/carry up to 80lbs, walk stand sit bend, and kneel
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Additional Training provided
- Drug Testing – CoEnergy is a Drug Free Workplace
- Employee Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance Benefits after 90-day probation period
- Paid Vacation
- Simple IRA
$21 - $25
- Employee Bonus Program
- Health Benefits
- Simple IRA Retirement - Company Match
Job Tags: Cdl License, Driver
Last updated: August 25, 2022