Home Heating Technician – Propane
Title: Home Heating Technician - Propane Position Overview: Install, service, and repair propane heating systems in residences and commercial establishments. Position Requirements:
- Assemble, position, and mount heating equipment.
- Join pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel source.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers, using hand tools.
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system, using hand tools.
- Test electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe or tubing, using pipe fitter's tools.
- Reassemble and test equipment following repairs.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Discuss heating system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that malfunctions have been corrected.
- Cut or drill holes in floors, walls, or roof to install equipment, using power saws or drills.
- Install auxiliary components to heating equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, and flues.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended.
- Study design specifications, and manufacturers' recommendations to ascertain the configuration of heating equipment components and to ensure the proper installation of components.
- Recommend, develop, or perform preventive or general maintenance procedures, such as cleaning, power-washing, or vacuuming equipment, oiling parts, or changing filters.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment, according to wiring diagrams, using electrician's hand tools.
- Fabricate, assemble, or install duct work or chassis parts.
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction.
- Wrap pipes in insulation, securing it in place with cement or wire bands.
- Documentation of work activities utilizing established company practices.
- Maintain assigned company vehicle in a clean and organized manner and stocked with appropriate supplies and parts.
- Order parts as needed.
|· This position requires a person who possesses very good communication skills who can represent the business very positively. · Very good organizational skills and able to manage multiple priorities during seasonal busy periods. · A good driving record is required. · Ability to work overtime when needed to support seasonal customer demands. · Good diagnostic and troubleshooting capability. · Ability to participate in the on-call rotation process. · Able to lift up to 50 pounds when required. Education/Certifications/Experience: · High School Diploma · Massachusetts propane gas installer licensed certification · 3 years related experience · HVAC experience a plus|
$70,000 - $80,000
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Medical Dental
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent communication Skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Good driving record
- Ability to flex works hours to meet customer demand
- Good diagnostic and troubleshooting ability
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds when needed
Kimball Fuel is a full-service energy company located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts that has been family owned and operated for more than 70 years. Our team provides quality home heating oil, bio fuel, propane, and heating system service and installation.
Job Tags: Gas Installer License, Propane Service Technician
Last updated: July 7, 2022