Bobtail/Tank Wagon Driver
Cockerham Energy, a 3rd generation, locally owned and operated, business providing propane and home heating oil to residential and commercial customers is looking for a Bobtail/Tank Wagon Driver. Summary: Under general supervision, the position main responsibility is operating a bobtail and/or tank wagon truck to deliver propane and home heating fuel to commercial and residential customers. They are to ensure proper and efficient completion of assigned duties, operation of a vehicle within Company Policy, and working in varying environmental conditions. Essential Functions:
- Loads and unloads propane and/or fuel oil by adhering to all Company and Governmental regulations.
- Operate a bobtail or tank wagon truck according to company policies and state/federal laws.
- Inspect vehicle and notify supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance.
- Transports loads over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Completes and transmits all paperwork in compliance with established Company procedures.
- Maintains vehicle cleanliness and reports any equipment malfunctions and concerns as necessary.
- Occasionally assist service technician with installations and other tasks and duties as assigned, which may or may not relate to the normal scope of driver position.
- Valid Virginia Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A or B with hazardous material and tanker endorsement.
- Current clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) detailing driving record within Company standards.
- Meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements, pass substance abuse screening, and agree to random substance abuse screening as required by Department of Transportation regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals in English, respond to official inquires, and make entries on reports and records.
$31,200 - $41,600
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Sick days
- Employee Discounts
- Valid Virginia CDL Class A or B
- Hazmat Endorsement
- Current clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Meet DOT physical and medical requirements
Milo C. Cockerham, Inc.
Milo C. Cockerham, Inc. is a 3rd generation, locally owned and operated, business providing a full line of propane and petroleum products to residential and commercial customers in Virginia and North Carolina. With over seventy years of experience, we know that we have the people, products, and knowledge to provide our customers with the exemplary service. We take great pride in working with our customers and we will strive to understand their needs. Cockerham’s is your choice for dependable, professional service and competitive pricing.
Job Tags: Cdl License, Driver
Last updated: August 2, 2022